The Powered Fiber Cable System improves speed and simplifies installation, powering, and communication of network devices – at 30x the distance of traditional CAT cable systems!
Deployment of HD cameras, Wi-Fi access points, optical network terminals, small cells, and other network-access devices can be challenging, especially in outdoor environments. Many of these devices accept a PoE input for power and communications, but distance limitations, power availability, and device placement throw a wrench in network planning.
In these scenarios, the power must be run to the desired location before installing, but who pays for that power and how will it be monitored? The answer involves back and forth with utility companies and building owners, adding time, hassle, cost and headaches to the process. With CommScope’s Powered Fiber Cable System there’s a better way - a complete “rack to device” solution for powering and communicating with network devices.
The Powered Fiber Cable System:
- Reduces the need for landlord and utility negotiations
- Eliminates local power sources
- Greatly speeds up planning by eliminating DC electrical calculations for voltage/power drop over varying distances
- Handles up to 64 devices simultaneously from one power supply
- Contains carrier grade electrical protection
- Is NEC Class II and SELV compliant
- Allows for placing devices exactly where they are needed to maximize coverage
The Powered Fiber Cable System is comprised of two main components featuring a hybrid cable and a PoE Extender in addition to cable/fiber management, power transmission management, safety and overload protection as well as a universal power supply (PSU).
Powered Fiber Optic Cable - Single hybrid copper/fiber cable design for simplified cable field access.
PoE Extender – Solves power and communication challenges with three levels of electrical protection.
- Designed for “easy peel” cable access – the cable can be accessed much faster than traditional hybrid cables
- No special tools needed – one ordinary wire strip tool accesses both the optical fiber and conductor elements
- Utilizes globally existing, proven and inexpensive FTTH style flat cable hardware
- Termination for hybrid cable input
- Environmentally sealed closure – IP67
- Circuit protection electronics
- Electrical power management
- Media conversion
- 1 or 2 PoE+ outputs