CommScope has been thinking ahead—thinking about how to bring 5G-ready wireless networks indoors, where most connections happen. Today’s LTE networks face constant demand for more coverage and capacity, and 5G is going to take things to an entirely new level. That’s why it’s wise to invest in in-building wireless solutions that deliver dividends today—and lay the foundation for 5G performance tomorrow.
Era™ C-RAN antenna system
Era covers multiple buildings—even mixed indoor/outdoor spaces—with flexible shared capacity, using an all-digital fronthaul running on standard structured cabling. It consolidates multiple headends into a single, compact headend that can be located anywhere on the premises—or even miles away, because its baseband functions can be moved to the cloud. Era is how DAS enters the 5G age.
- Through a joint development project between CommScope and Nokia, Era features a CPRI interface connecting Nokia’s AirScale baseband unit (BBU).
- The CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface) interface greatly simplifies the headend infrastructure, reducing the amount of equipment, power and floor space needed to host the headend.
- Era establishes an all-digital fronthaul infrastructure that’s needed for new services like 5G and Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS).
OneCell® C-RAN small cells
Get small cell coverage without small cell handovers and interference. OneCell® is the first single-cell C-RAN small cell solution that eliminates handovers by creating a single physical cell across all access points. This enables frequency reuse to multiply capacity —something you want for LTE, and you’ll absolutely need for 5G. OneCell’s streamlined architecture operates on standard Ethernet infrastructure for fast, economical deployments.
- OneCell requires no complex configuration or radio frequency planning—simplifying deployments and reducing costs.
- OneCell RP5000 Series Radio Point supports up to four dedicated carriers in a single access point, making it ideal for multi-operator neutral host services.
- Its streamlined communication to the core network makes OneCell an innovative, effective, high-capacity way to offload macro cell traffic
See how CommScope is leading the way for a simpler, more efficient 5G world.