WEEE Recycling in Belgium
Collection and Recycling Arrangements in Belgium
Regulations concerning the management of waste electrical
and electronic equipment (WEEE) in Belgium are implemented at a regional administrative level:
- In the Brussels Capital region by an amendment to the existing Producer
Responsibility Decree which came into force on June 3rd 2005
- In the Flanders (Flemish) Region by amendments to the Waste Prevention and Management Ordinance (VLAREA) which
came into force on December 1st 2004
- In the Wallonia region by an amendment to the existing Producer Responsibility
Decree which came into force on June 3rd 2005
Under the WEEE Regulations for each Administrative Region of Belgium, for equipment that you buy from CommScope after August 13th 2005, CommScope finances the collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of WEEE that your new purchase replaces, on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. The old equipment that your new CommScope product replaces is referred to as Historic WEEE.
Under the Regulations in each Administrative Region, CommScope also finances the collection, treatment, recycling and recovery of any new electrical and electronic equipment that you buy from CommScope after August 13th 2005, when that new equipment eventually becomes waste. This is referred to as New WEEE.
CommScope products are very competitively priced. Any new increase in operating costs for manufacturers such as CommScope is normally reflected in a price increase in the product. However, instead of increasing the prices of our products CommScope has decided to share these new environmental costs directly with our customers. We believe in being transparent with you on any new environmental costs that our products need to address.
Our approach to sharing these new environmental costs is:
- You pay for transportation of your WEEE to CommScope's appointed recycler in Belgium.
- CommScope pays for the costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the WEEE to meet the targets set by the WEEE Regulations for each region in Belgium
- CommScope pays for the costs of data management and reporting through membership to local collective system Recupel in order to demonstrate compliance with all administrative requirements of the Belgium WEEE Regulations in each region
CommScope has established a recycling contract with the European Advanced Recycling Network (EARN) and will cover any costs of treatment, recycling and recovery of the equipment on arrival at the EARN facility in Belgium . All Historic and New WEEE that arises from the purchase of CommScope products is classed as non-hazardous waste.
You should contact the EARN recycler below (who will be appropriately authorised to transport WEEE in Belgium) to arrange and pay for WEEE collection and transport to its recycling facility.
|Recycler||Telephone Number||Fax Number||Website|
|Coolrec (Recydel)||+32 43 70 94 60||+ 32 43 70 94 69 ||www.coolrec.com|