Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
SCTE Cable-Tec Expo is quickly approaching with many opportunities to discuss the most pressing, relevant topics facing today’s cable market.
At this year’s expo, ARRIS experts will provide their insights about new innovations and solutions for Wi-Fi®, network architectures, Remote PHY deployments, Distributed Access Architectures (DAA), IoT, and much more.
Find Out How Cities are Getting Smarter
ARRIS is sponsoring the Smart City Experience at Booth 2841. The exhibits will focus on novel new technologies and applications like IoT sensing solutions, smart street furniture, an Internet kiosk, and wireless cameras systems. These solutions use Wi-Fi, telemetry and sensor technology to relay and receive data from centralized monitoring hubs with striking results. Smart city technologies are helping municipalities save operating expenses, improve dispatch and directional efficiency, increase safety, and raise the overall quality of life for residents and visitors.
In addition, the Innovation Theater will host two exciting ARRIS panels:
- CBRS: The Future is Here – This panel will analyze near-term technologies that can serve as a stepping stones to complement full 5G deployment.
- Smart Cities Really Are – Hosted by senior executives from ARRIS and NCTA, this panel will discuss how cities around the globe are using existing “smart” technologies to ease traffic flow, improve waste management, provide better climate monitoring, and cut operating expenses.
Robots Have Connectivity Needs Too
On Tuesday, Oct. 23, join ARRIS’s Chief Information Officer Karen Renner for First Robotics, where high school teams will showcase a selection of custom-built 40 and 120 pound robots. Attendees will learn how the robots were created and will even get hands-on instruction in how to operate and steer them.
Global Perspectives Breakfast
On Thursday, Oct. 25, join Steve McCaffery, President, International Sales and Managing Director, International Business Operations Group, at ARRIS when he hosts the ISBE/ANGA International Attendees Breakfast on Thursday, Oct. 25. The breakfast panel includes senior executives from the ANGA.com, Liberty Latin America, SCTE and Telstra. These experts will discuss global business and technology trends. All attendees are welcome.
ARRIS speaking sessions, times, and locations are as follows:
Monday, October 22
- 7:30 am - 12:00 pm: Distributed Access Architecture (DAA), Pre-Conference Session - Registration Required (Tom Cloonan, Chief Technical Officer, Network Solutions and Michael Emmendorfer, Vice President, Systems Engineering and Architecture) - Rooms: B405/406/407
- 1:00 pm -2:00 pm: Wi-Fi That Satisfies: Penultimate Access Points That Dynamically Self-Adapt (Nav Kannan, Vice President, Product Management) - Room: B406
- 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm: Network Performance with New and Emerging Network Architectures (Ram Ranganathan, Director Systems Engineering, CTO-Network Solutions) - Room: B405
- 3:30 pm -4:45 pm: Around the World of IoT (Charles Cheevers, Chief Technical Officer, Customer Premises Equipment) - Rooms: B401/402
Tuesday, October 23
- 1:00 pm -2:00 pm: Solving for Wireless Coverage with CBRS and LTE (JR Flesch, Director, Advanced Technology, Office of the CTO/CPE) - Room: B407
- 1:30 pm -2:00 pm: CBRS: The Future is Here (Duncan Potter, Senior Vice President Marketing, Charles Cheevers, Chief Technical Officer, Customer Premise Equipment, and Mehmet Yavuz, Chief Technical Officer, Ruckus Networks) - Room: Exhibit Hall - Innovation Theater
- 2:15 pm -3:15 pm: CBRS Use Cases for Cable (Mehmet Yavuz, Chief Technical Officer, Ruckus Networks) - Room: B407
Wednesday, October 24
- 7:30 am -9:00 am: Broadband Technology Report Breakfast: Managing DOCSIS Disruption (Ayham Al-Banna, Systems Architect) - Rooms: B308/309
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Applying IoT Techniques to Eldercare (David Goodwin, Director of Product Management, Consumer Premises Equipment) - Room: B406
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Remote PHY Deployments and DAA for Backhaul: Lessons Learned So Far (Tal Laufer, Product Line Management Director, Network and Cloud) - Rooms: B401/402
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm: RDK Open Source Project (Charles Cheevers, Chief Technical Officer, Customer Premise Equipment) - Room: Exhibit Hall - Innovation Theater
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Smart Cities Really Are (Duncan Potter, Senior Vice President Marketing and Steve Wimsatt, Senior Director, Business Development, Ruckus Networks, and Rick Cimerman, VP Gov’t Affairs, NCTA) - Room: Exhibit Hall - Innovation Theater
Thursday, October 25
- 7:30 am - 9:00 am: ISBE/ANGA International Attendees Breakfast (Steve McCaffery, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, International Business Operations Group) - Rooms: B308/309
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: The State of Mission-Critical IoT Packets (Carol Ansley, Senior Counsel) - Room: B407
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Node Plus How Many? Current Events in FDX (Tom Cloonan, Chief Technical Officer, Network Solutions) - Room: B406
*all times local ET*