CommScope's COVID-19 Customer & Partner Hub Visit
Service providers have a tremendous opportunity today to deliver to their customers a one-stop shop for all the popular streaming services.
There are growing numbers of customers who are canceling their pay TV services and are relying on free-to-air and streaming content over broadband, so called “cord-cutters,” and in the younger demographic there is a significant number who have always used broadband streaming instead of pay TV - “cord-nevers.”
Service providers are seeking ways to address the viewing needs of the broadband-only customer by providing them with a compelling streaming alternative to retail devices. That’s why service providers are now deploying “streamers” - cost-effective, Wi-Fi connected video devices optimized to deliver aggregated streaming services.
- Easy to install and setup in minutes, streamers can automatically connect to the service provider’s home Wi-Fi
- Intuitive and have an easy to navigate user experience
- Have universal search functionality for ease of discovery and optional voice control
- Offer service provider quality of experience and support
- Contain several eco-friendly features including low power usage, casings from post-consumer recycled plastics and no single-use-plastics in the packaging
So, what are the advantages for the service provider? Streamers enable them to:
- Differentiate the broadband service
- Have their brand and user interface on the TV
- Offer additional paid-for content
- Upsell to added-value services
As the global market leader in video devices, CommScope has supplied more than 6 million streamers to customers in the United States and Europe. In our latest interactive infographic, we explain the benefits to deploying streamers to broadband-only consumers and what service providers can expect.