Features and Benefits
A stylish, high-quality UHD (4K) set-top in a compact form factor, VIP5202 is a KreaTV compliant IP platform that uses the latest technologies to reduce power consumption and increase processing capabilities.
High-Quality Video Experience - Ultra-HD, 10-bit color and High Dynamic Range deliver four times the resolution of Full HD, improved color reproduction and a wider luminance range for an image that’s even closer to reality, all at frame rates that allow fast-moving action with reduced blurring.
High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) offers up to 50% bandwidth saving compared to the H.264 standard. HEVC can be used by operators to deliver a superior quality-of-experience within the same bandwidth or to increase their existing capacity by re-encoding existing assets.
Enables a wide choice of User Experiences – a high-performance processor, 3D OpenGL and fast DDR4 memory gives the platform the power to support a wide range of middlewares to deliver a modern user experience.
Connectivity – 100 Mb/s Ethernet. USB 2.0 allows the connection of additional storage devices for functions such as time-shift TV. The Bluetooth® Low Energy remote control option supports voice search and allows for hidden installation.
- KreaTV® compliant
- Netflix Compliant (subject to Netflix/operator certification and agreement)
- Support for a range of Conditional Access System options available, including ARRIS TITANIUM
- Industry-standard DRM support including pre-integration with Microsoft® PlayReady®, Widevine®, ARRIS SECUREMEDIA® DRM
- Ultra-HD with a wide range of optional HDR formats supported including HDR10, HLG (operational under Android) and Dolby Vision (optional dependant on royalty)
- Interactive IP set-top supports Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and Video On Demand (VOD), and Multi-room DVR as well as many web/IP-delivered applications using rich advanced graphics
- HDMI™ 2.1 and HDCP 2.2
- Secure bootloader
- Compliant with EU power consumption regulations