Set-tops with the CommScope KreaTV software platform
KreaTV® is a powerful software platform for set-tops that simplifies the development, deployment and support of advanced TV user experiences.
CommScope offers several levels of integration between operator software, middleware and KreaTV, with the foundation in its ability to be customized and integrated with other products. This ranges from enabling operator or third-party developments (including CommScope Channel Partners) to complete turn-key solutions.
KreaTV has been developed and matured over more than 20 years and has proven itself as a stable platform that simplifies application development and portability between hardware generations. KreaTV is continuously adapted to new system on a chip (SoC) chipsets and supports multiple hardware models.
We provide off-the-shelf hardware or fully bespoke product development to meet the individual requirements of service providers, and there is a wide choice of user interfaces (UIs)/middleware available from CommScope Channel Partners that use KreaTV.
The range of set-tops designed for the KreaTV platform provides enhanced optimization of both memory and CPU usage. This assures that the combination of hardware and software delivers optimum performance.
Low total cost of ownership
KreaTV offers ease of integration and low total cost of ownership (TCO) due to the combination of a well-designed modular architecture, its detailed documentation, flexible execution environment and proven reliability. The solution will keep performing over time—benefiting from efficiencies and cost savings from new generations of hardware and software upgrades.
KreaTV Go solution
KreaTV Go is a complete, feature-rich video client that includes a CommScope IP set-top, accessories, KreaTV, and a user interface, which may be branded for the service provider.
Supporting DVB, multicast and OTT, it is designed for rapid time to market and can quickly be integrated with an operator back-end.
Features of KreaTV
- Seamless media handling, including UltraHD and HDR
- HTML5 UI and application framework
- Pre-integrated YouTube®, Netflix® and BBC iPlayer® applications (customer-specific projects apply)
- HbbTV® support
- State-of-the-art security
- Multi-application support
- Extensive DVR/PVR functionality
- DVB support
- Support for multiple boot mechanisms
- Efficient power management
- Extensive development toolkit and documentation
- Remote desktop/UI, logging and customer service ability
- Rapid time to market with KreaTV Go solution
Available set-top features include:
- Multiple form factors in stylish designs—from small, Wi-Fi-only connected devices to DVRs and smart media devices
- Models for HD (1060p60) or UltraHD/HDR (4k x 2k p60 10-bit color HEVC, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color
- Wi-Fi connectivity options, including Wi-Fi 6
- Models available with internal disks for DVR/PVR, or disk-less set-tops for network-based DVR/PVR. Certain models support the matching CommScope DVR One stackable USB-connected disk unit
- Supports for High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal remote control friendly, with support for IR and BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy) options
- Support for multiple video codecs, including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
- RoHS compliant