Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
Video Devices for MediaRoom
Set-tops for MediaKind Mediaroom and MediaFirst
The CommScope Mediaroom® set-top portfolio offers a range of stylish set-tops optimized for MediaKind Mediaroom on Linux, MediaFirst IPTV and Mediaroom CE.
We provide market-ready hardware or bespoke product development to meet the individual requirements of major service providers.
All products are certified for MediaFirst and Mediaroom, allowing seamless software migration.
CommScope has played a major role in the design and provision of Mediaroom-capable set-tops around the globe—working closely with MediaKind to deliver approved, high-performance devices that fully meet the Mediaroom/MediaFirst specifications.
Features available include:
- Models for HD (1060p60) or UltraHD/HDR (4k x 2k p60 10-bit color HEVC, 4k x 2k p60 10-bit color)
- Optional Wi-Fi connectivity: 802.11ac 5GHz
- Options for network-based DVR/PVR or field-upgradeable, slot-in hard disk for local DVR/PVR
- Interactive IP set-top supports electronic program guides (EPG), video on demand (VOD) and multi-room DVR as well as many web/IP-delivered applications using rich advanced graphics
- Supports High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) connectivity with High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Universal remote control friendly, with support for IR and BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy) options
- Support for multiple video codecs, including HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 and VC-1 for optimum deployment flexibility
- RoHS compliant
- In compliance with the VA/VIA June-2013 Agreement
MediaKind, Mediaroom and Ericsson MediaFirst are trademarks of Telefonaktiebolaget L M Ericsson.