Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
Video Devices for RDK
Set-top and smart media device solutions with RDK-V
RDK-V (Reference Design Kit for video) is an open-source/community-sourced software platform for set-tops and smart media devices used by OEMs and pay TV operators to create rich consumer experiences. Originally developed for Comcast, it is now managed by RDK Management LLC with an extensive developer community.
To simplify and accelerate the deployment of RDK-based video services, CommScope provides complete solutions, integrating high-quality hardware with RDK and additional software components, together with a customized user interface (UI)—all supported with a suite of professional services for the complete product lifecycle.
We provide market-ready hardware or bespoke product development to meet the individual requirements of major service providers.
RDK Video Accelerator
The RDK Video Accelerator is a pre-integrated application development platform to support the RDK community in bringing new applications to consumers. Jointly developed by CommScope, Metrological and RDK Management, it is based on the CommScope VIP5202W UHD IP set-top together with developer tools and the Metrological app store.
RDK Video Accelerator features:
- RDK 4.0 with cloud architecture
- Access to the RDK for rapid integration and development
- 300+ apps, including Amazon, Netflix®, and YouTube®
- Secure boot and DRM support
- Reference UI on “Lightning” UX (user experience) framework
- Nano service support via “Thunder” framework
- Supports cloud updates for rapid evolution
CommScope integrates all the necessary components to create a complete deployable solution, such as those providing support for:
- RDK 4.0
- App store from Metrological
- IP, OTT, ATSC and DVB (DVB-C, DVB-T2, DVB-S2)
- Multicast video for IPTV
- DVR, time-shift TV
- Conditional access and DRM security systems
- Voice control
- Multichannel audio
- Parental controls
- Easy migration between software platforms and secure software downloads
- Remote management and monitoring
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) remote control with voice search