Features and Benefits
This Smart Media Device is a compact UHD IP client with far-field microphones, speakers and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that enables the integration of voice assistants into the TV experience. The SMD7852 centralizes the voice-controlled services in the home by displaying visual feedback from the voice assistant on the TV and enabling voice control of video services.
The SMD7852 offers the processing power, Vulkan® graphics and video decoding to deliver stunning 4K UltraHD/High Dynamic Range content and OTT video services. Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 provides reliable video over wireless with flexibility in location.
The SMD7852 supports a choice of software platforms including Android TV™, RDK 4.0 and 3rd party software solutions to accelerate service innovation.
CommScope offers customised solutions based on the VIP7852 platform to meet specific customer requirements with a full range of professional services.
• 4Kp60 10-bit UltraHD video decode and resolution
• HDR10, HDR10+ (option), HLG, and Dolby Vision (option) formats supported
• AV1, HEVC, MPEG-4 AVC, VP9, and VC-1 video codecs
• Wi-Fi 6, 802.11ax, 2x2, Dual Band Selectable
• Supports various Conditional Access Systems, including CommScope TITANIUM
• DRM pre-integration with Microsoft® PlayReady®, Widevine®, and CommScope SECUREMEDIA® DRM
• Compliant with OTT services: Netflix, YouTube, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and others
• Bluetooth 5 / BLE and IR (optional) remote control interfaces
Smart Assistant support
• 2 microphones, 2 x 7W speakers, passive resonator, smart amplifier and DSP for voice-visual assistants.
• Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and other 3rd Party assistants.
• 2x2 dual-band Wi-Fi 6 and Ethernet 10/100 connectivity
• Bluetooth 5, BLE for hidden installation.
• Secure bootloader
• Compliant with EU power consumption regulations