The FOSC-450 is a single-ended, environmentally sealed enclosure for fiber management in the outside plant network. FOSC-450 gel splice closures have the same splice capacity as FOSC-400 closures and feature the same reliable and easy-to-use dome-to-base clamping system. The major difference between the closures is that the
FOSC-450’s cable sealing terminations use gel-sealing technology instead of heat shrink. The FOSC-450 features a single wrap-around gel seal with four or six cable ports. The single seal slides easily into the closure’s base for rapid, secure installation. Gel-seal cable terminations automatically adjust to cable size and shape, and require no special tools or accessories to install. It is easy to remove cables, and gel seal is completely re-usable.
The FOSC-450 closure is available in 3 different sizes. According to the application, many configurations are possible.FOSC 450 A4 closure
The FOSC 450 A4 closure is the smallest in the FOSC 450 series having fourlarge round ports. It is intended for low fiber-count cable splices and “tap-off” splices. The FOSC 450 A4 closure comes ready to store expressed loose buffer tubes. An optical slack storage basket is available for expressed stranded fiber and ribbon fiber.FOSC 450 BS closures
The FOSC 450 BS closures are identical except for their end cable port configuration. In addition to a large oval port for the main distribution cable, the BS closure has six large round ports for branch cable splices. The FOSC 450 closure cable sealing system provides a great deal of flexibility.FOSC 450 D6 closures
The FOSC 450 D6 closure is the largest in the FOSC 450 series having six large round ports. The splice capacity is 288 single mechanical, 768 single fusion or 1152 mass-fusion (12) fibers. Ribbon fiber can be stored directly on the trays or in the versatile slack basket that also holds expressed or uncut loose buffer tubes.
Key features of the FOSC 450 closures:
- Single-ended design
- Available in 3 sizes
- Base and dome sealed with clamp and O-ring system
- 4 or 6 round cable ports provided in a wrap-around block with pre-installed gel profile for cable sealing. This block can be opened and closed repeatedly withoutremoving or replacing the gel. With the use of special kits, multiple cables per port can be installed
- FOSC splice trays hinged for access to any splice without disturbing fibers in other trays
- Compatible with most common cable types: e.g. loose tube, central core, slotted core, ribbon fiber
- Uncut or expressed loose tubes can be stored in storage baskets
- Closure can be used in aerial, pedestal and underground (up to 5 meters waterhead) environments