Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
American University of Sharjah
American University of Sharjah Deploys Massive Campus-wide Wi-Fi Infrastructure, Improving Client Density and Wi-Fi Performance
One of the most important learning centers in the Middle East, American University of Sharjah (AUS) was seeing an explosion of Wi-Fi users and devices accessing its wireless network. However their existing infrastructure, based on a variety of conventional Wi-Fi technologies, was struggling to keep up with growing capacity, coverage and performance demands.
Founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, Member of the UAE Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, American University of Sharjah is a leading educational institution in the Arabian Gulf region with over 6,000 students and staff and a campus spanning more than 200 acres.
AUS has a multicultural campus with a student body of over 6,000 students with a campus that covers over 200 acres with dozens of buildings including student dormitories, administrative offices, and lecture halls.
- Carrier grade Wi-Fi scalability and reliability under all conditions
- Support for a variety of different environments such as student accommodations, lecture halls, outdoor spaces and administrative buildings
- Simple and unified network management that eases WLAN administration
- Elegant and easy to provision BYOD framework
- Over 1,400 dual-band Ruckus indoor and outdoor smart Wi-Fi access points
- ZoneDirector smart WLAN controllers
- Lower total cost of ownership compared to alternatives
- Unified indoor/outdoor campus-wide high performance Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Integrated BYOD support
- Simplified and centralized campus-wide WLAN management
- A reduction in network fault calls
- Ubiquitous Wi-Fi coverage and stronger signal strength to deliver consistent and pervasive Wi-Fi performance
- The ability to support high density environments with more concurrent users per access point