Explore the all-new, all-RUCKUS® website now!
Chengdu Tianfu International Airport
With the Official Opening of Chengdu Tianfu International Airport, CommScope Helps the “Sun Bird” Take Off
CommScope supported the structured cabling system construction of the main buildings with the largest scale, the highest reliability and safety requirements and the densest information points - T1, T2 Terminals, and ITC Airport Field Command and Information Center. These parts with the highest intelligent degree of weak current are the business core and operation center of the whole airport. CommScope has deployed more than 40,000 information points, 4,200 km twisted pairs and more than 600 km optical cables, accounting for more than 80% of the data in the whole airport area.
- Chengdu Tianfu International Airport is a 4F-class international airport, as well as the highest-ranking airport along the Belt and Road, and the main hub of South Asia international aviation hub.
- Chengdu Tianfu International Airport has a total investment of more than RMB 75 billion, with a huge building complex mainly including terminals, GTC Transfer Center, ITC Airport Field Command and Information Center, parking building, field service building and subway.
- Chengdu Tianfu International Airport can handle 60 million passengers and 1.3 million tons of cargo and mail annually. The long-term goal is to handle 120 million passengers and 2.8 million tons of cargo and mail annually.
- With an area of 600,000 square meters, the structured cabling system involved not only has longer optical cables, but also is complex to deploy, which not only ensures the safe and stable operation of the business system, but also avoids possible damages such as fire and flood.
- The airport is an industry with special emphasis on safety. As early as at the end of 2006, CAAC proposed that information security is as important as air defense security. The security of the structured cabling system is just one of the basic tasks of airport information security.
- SYSTIMAX GigaSPEED XL® copper
- SYSTIMAX LazrSPEED® 550
- SYSTIMAX TeraSPEED® singlemode fiber