Video Compression & Processing Systems
CommScope has many decades of experience in high-availability, high-quality video processing products for pay TV operators that provide efficient, flexible delivery of video to their customers.
Our product range includes:
- The ME-7000 converged compression platform—high-quality linear broadcast video encoding for IPTV, cable, satellite and OTT applications.
- Unmatched video compression efficiency for the highest quality video at all bit rates
- Dedicated encoding/transcoding hardware, using the latest compression silicon designs and software techniques
- Incredible density, saving valuable rack space and power
- Designed for 24x7 operation
- Is a future-proof, easily upgradable platform for delivering multi-format video
- The CAP-1000 (CherryPicker application platform)—an IP-centric, high-density, high-availability multiplexer for video grooming, rate shaping, digital program insertion (DPI) and many other functions.
- The CommScope Manifest Delivery Controller (MDC)—an adaptive bit rate (ABR) manifest manipulator. A scalable software solution enabling:
- Server-side dynamic ad insertion
- Content blackouts
- Alternative content
- Content personalization
- Real-time bandwidth policy enforcement
All on a per-device basis. It provides for comprehensive data collection on consumer usage for analytics.
The AGB240 ASI (asynchronous serial interface) to gigabit Ethernet (GigE) bridge enables service providers to cost-effectively migrate legacy ASI video equipment to IP networks in video headends.
Video Processing and Delivery
Video evolution, network DVR, OTT, cloud-based video and advertising