Features and Benefits
The ARRIS CherryPicker Application Platform (CAP-1000) is an advanced, IP-centric, high-density multiplexer designed to give video service providers unparalleled efficiency and flexibility in managing and localizing videostreams with full redundancy.
The CAP-1000 is a highly-programmable device that can support evolving technical standards and emerging application needs through simple software upgrades, allowing customers to realize continuous returns on their initial capital investment.
The CAP-1000 performs three primary functions: grooming, rate shaping, and digital program insertion (DPI), for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 streams. Additional features include program and multiplex redundancy, time stamping (dejitter), Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) creation, slate insertion, SCTE 18 Emergency Alert Signaling (EAS) switching, Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) audio leveling, Basic Interoperable Scrambling System (BISS) encryption/decryption, and advanced MUX 3.0 Enhanced Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) processing and filtering.
Based on the Emmy® award-winning CherryPicker technology and algorithms, the CAP-1000 operates with carrier-class reliability and features massive processing power to handle up to 1.44 Gbps of aggregate, video stream throughput.
The advanced hardware design includes a passive chassis with field-replaceable (FRU)input/output (I/O) and processing cards, dual hot-swappable power supplies (AC, DC, mixed), dual hot-swappable speed- varying fan trays, optional ASI I/O cards (up to eight ports), and 1:1 and N:1 chassis redundancy options, all in a space- and power-saving 1RU enclosure.
- 10+ Years of Innovation and Performance - Inherits over 80 percent of the software from the Emmy® award-winning CherryPicker product line, which translates into interoperability and operational ease of use
- Investment Protection - Software-based digital signal processing (DSP) technology enables ongoing feature development
- MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 Processing in a Single Chassis - Process both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 concurrently in the same chassis, even within the same multiplex
- Exceptional Bandwidth - Up to 1.44 Gbps aggregate, video stream throughput in a small 1RU chassis
- Carrier-Class Reliability - Redundant, dual hot-swappable power supplies (can run on a single supply), dual hot-swappable speed varying fan trays, and FRU I/O and processing cards
- CherryPicker Redundancy (CPR)/Advanced System-level Redundancy - Offering both 1:1 and N:1 (max 4:1) modes, CPR provides advanced, high-performance hardware redundancy. Features include the use of virtual IP (VIP) addressing to keep DPI operational even during failover, and ability to customize both monitoring and failback operations. In 1:1 mode, failover times are less than 100 msec
- Advanced BISS Encryption/Decryption Options - Support for both BISS encryption/send and decryption/receive applications