Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC)
RUCKUS® Wi-Fi Delights Fans and Distinguishes New Stadium
Watch the video
The opening game for the Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) included paratroopers landing on the field, a falcon circling above the crowd, and “the best Wi-Fi experience of any stadium in the U.S.,” says Christian Lau, VP of Information Technology for the LAFC.
Mobile Sports Report covered the game, reporting that, “The RUCKUS-based Wi-Fi and its 500 access points functioned beautifully.”
In the U.S., the majority of soccer games are played in multi-purpose stadiums. There are only a small number of soccer-specific stadiums. (That means, in part, that the playing fields are specifically designed to the recommendations of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association.) The Banc of California Stadium, home of Major League Soccer’s LAFC, is one of the newest soccer-specific stadiums. It opened its gates in 2018.
- Deliver a great user experience for mobile-oriented soccer fans
- Rapidly add new applications without upgrading or overhauling the Wi-Fi network
- Minimize day-to-day management
- 500 indoor and outdoor access points
- 3 RUCKUS ZoneDirector Controllers
- RUCKUS Wi-Fi has performed flawlessly for high capacity crowds
- With thousands of users active on the network during games, capacity utilization is still only at 15%
- Without upgrading the network, IT plans to add virtual reality and augmented reality
- “Set and forget” reliability of the network lets IT focus on other tasks