JW Marriott Marquis
Wi-Fi is key for a great customer experience
Watch the Video
As the tallest 5-star hotel in the world, the JW Marriott Marquis is a landmark destination in the heart of Dubai that draws in tourists and business people alike, who stay in one of the 1,608 rooms which are spread out across a vast 72 floors in two iconic towers. A building of such scale presents connectivity challenges on its own, without the added demands of the thousands of guests and their accompanying devices.
For a hotel of this literal and figurative stature, industry leading Wi-Fi is necessary to deliver seamless hotel services, accommodate business conferences and host high profile events without connectivity issues. “The JW Marriott Marquis is an internationally renowned and award-winning hotel. As the only hotel in Dubai with the capacity to hold groups of 1000 delegates or more to meet, eat and sleep all under one roof at the same time and with 8,000m2 of meeting and events space—the hotel is constantly looking to improve its standing in the business market. Allowing guests to easily discover things to do during their stay, connect for work or with loved-ones back home means that the value of strong Wi-Fi to the hotel and its customers can’t be understated. It’s also crucial for digital services such as our JW Concierge app that allows meeting organisers to order more coffee or adjust the room temperature at the touch of a button” said Bill Keffer, General Manager at JW Marriott Marquis.
Research has shown that hotel guests will report a bad experience due to slow Wi-Fi, and the incumbent solution at the JW Marriott Marquis was impacting guest satisfaction at the hotel. “With such a vast space and so many different areas within the hotel,
- The JW Marriott Marquis needed industry leading Wi-Fi to deliver seamless hotel services, accommodate business conferences and host high profile events without connectivity issues.
- Like the hotel, the solution had to be best in class
- 3000 access points across 72 floors
- Guest satisfaction has increased by considerable points and the hotel is now able to host many more major business conferences
- Operational IT staff have been freed up from spending time fixing issues with the Wi-Fi
- The hotel has simultaneously had 6000 devices connected at once, without a drop in performance