Want the chance to vote on the most innovative new technology solutions in the wireless industry today?
You have your chance with the CTIA 2011 Emerging Technology Awards. Until Monday, March 21 at noon EDT, you can explore entrants in 14 categories and vote for the ones you like best. Winners will be crowned “Best Online Pick” at the awards ceremony held at International CTIA WIRELESS 2011 on Wednesday, March 23, Exhibit Innovations Stage (booth 4295) at 2 p.m. EDT.
Why am I telling you about this?
Yes, it’s a little self-promotional as one of our CommScope solutions is in the running. OneBase InSite Connect, the remote site control and monitoring solution that is part of the Andrew Solutions Network Applications portfolio, is nominated in the Enterprise & Vertical Market: Green Telecom and Smart Energy Solutions category.
OneBase InSite® Connect is a comprehensive turnkey system designed to fully manage remote cell site equipment from centralized locations, greatly reducing the need for cell site visits. As wireless networks continue to grow and become more complex, the demand for increased maintenance also grows. It is increasingly more challenging to identify ways to improve efficiency in distributed network infrastructure management.
Five key areas where InSite Connect™ can bring potential expense savings are:
• Cell Site Visit Expenses – By measuring cell site equipment performance, identifying problems, and, in some cases, resolving problems without an expensive cell site visit.
• Energy Related Expenses – By controlling heating and cooling throughout the day, even when technicians forget to reset the temperature before leaving.
• Crime Related Expenses – By supporting onsite IP cameras, motion detectors and door access control systems.
• Environmental Issues – By reducing cell site visits, managing building temperatures, and avoiding dispatches of repair crews, InSite Connect has a very direct impact on your company’s carbon footprint.
• Site Management – By providing the ability to establish flexible soft alarms, make adjustments to RET antennas, and manage almost all functions on one system, InSite Connect can make cell site management more efficient.
For more information, check out the InSite Connect Business Case. And if you feel so inclined, please vote for InSite Connect in the CTIA Emerging Technology Awards contest.
See you at the awards ceremony!