CommScope's COVID-19 Customer & Partner Hub Visit
We are all used to being asked this question in fast-food restaurants—“is that for here or to go?” Or, said another way, “do you want to eat your meal in our place or take it away with you?” The real question, though, is why do we go to these places? According to a CBS News survey, the reasons are:
- They're quick: 92.3%
- They're easy to get to: 80.1%
- I like the taste of fast food: 69.2%
- They're inexpensive: 63.6%
- I'm too busy to cook: 53.2%
- It's a "treat" for myself: 50.1%
- I don't like to prepare foods myself: 44.3%
- My friends/family like them: 41.8%
- They have many nutritious foods to offer: 20.6%
- They're fun and entertaining: 11.7%
I refuse to comment on reasons 3, 6 and 9, and not because they are all multiples of 3! In summary, convenience is the big factor. Fast food restaurants are located where we need them, many open 24/7, with food at no big expense, and providing what we are looking for—a contented belly.
Hey! That is sort of like CommScope’s eCatalog: ubiquitous, always open, for free and it calms our hunger for information. As you may know, eCatalog is our one-stop source for product information. We no longer produce print catalogs or even static PDF catalogs, and those will not come back.
Two of the biggest benefits of fast food restaurants are the drive through and the “to go” options. The food is available quickly and ready to be taken with you. That makes me wonder if eCatalog is both accessible and mobile. So, let me pose these questions:
- Is eCatalog sufficient to provide you all the specs you need?
- Are you always able to connect to eCatalog?
- Do you miss any kind of offline resources?
- What would you like to get from us regarding product information “to go?”
What do you think? Feel free to comment.