Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
CommScope, a global leader in infrastructure solutions for communications networks, will host a six-city tour to educate data center professionals on how 5G, next-generation speeds, new physical layer topologies and other trends are transforming the data center industry. The Data Center FiberCon roadshow – which will center on the theme “The Power of Progress” – will feature content by data center infrastructure, planning and architecture experts from CommScope and other data center providers including Finisar, Eaton and OFS, as well as a variety of large multi-tenant data center providers.
The cities on the tour include:
- San Jose, California on Thursday, October 10
- Seattle, Washington on Thursday, October 17
- Manassas, Virginia (outside of Washington D.C.) on Wednesday, October 30
- Frisco, Texas (outside of Dallas) on Thursday, November 7
- Rosemont, Illinois (outside of Chicago) on Thursday, November 14
- Hoboken, New Jersey (outside of New York City) on Thursday, November 21
“Virtualization, mesh-type architectures and greater demand for low-latency performance are just three factors causing profound shifts in the data center landscape,” said Jamie Birdnow, vice president, Data Center Market Development, CommScope. “With the Data Center FiberCon roadshow, we are equipping data center professionals with the technical know-how they need to address these changes by effectively upgrading the speed, performance and efficiency of their data centers.”
The Data Center FiberCon roadshow is open to the public, but pre-registration is required. Each event will begin at 9 a.m. local time and conclude at 2:30 p.m., with a small trade show open during the breakfast and lunch breaks. Presentations from data center experts at CommScope, Finisar, Eaton and OFS will focus on the following topics:
- Technology Trends: How 5G, next gen speeds and other trends will transform data centers
- Architecture Designs: How the evolution of servers, networks and physical layer topologies will change data center architectural design
- CommScope Data Center Portfolio and Roadmaps: Overview on how CommScope’s fiber, copper and product portfolio is designed to meet data center professionals’ current and future needs
- Data Center Delivery: A panel discussion with data center experts on how to meet today and tomorrow’s agility, scalability and speed challenges
“As the data center industry continues to evolve, new challenges arise that require new expertise,” said Christian Urricariet, senior director of Product Marketing at Finisar, now part of II-VI, Incorporated. “We are excited to collaborate with CommScope on the Data Center FiberCon roadshow, which will give us and other experts the opportunity to come together to discuss how data centers can meet these challenges, both today and tomorrow.”
Register here to reserve a spot at the Data Center FiberCon roadshow in any of the six cities it will visit.
CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) and the recently acquired ARRIS and Ruckus Networks are redefining tomorrow by shaping the future of wired and wireless communications. Our combined global team of employees, innovators and technologists have empowered customers in all regions of the world to anticipate what’s next and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Discover more at www.commscope.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
© 2019 CommScope, Inc. All rights reserved. CommScope is a trademark of CommScope, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
News Media Contact:
Kalia Farrell, CommScope
+1-215-323-1059 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Powers, CommScope