TEMPE, Ariz., May 29, 2013 — iTRACS, a CommScope company providing open enterprise-class data center infrastructure management solutions, has released Converged Physical Infrastructure Management™ 2.8, the next generation of its award winning DCIM software suite.
CPIM® version 2.8 offers data center owners and operators a range of enhanced DCIM capabilities, including purpose-built browser and iPad® user interfaces, powerful integrations with VMware, RF Code and HP. It leverages the DCIM Open Exchange Framework™ and the new myDCIM™ role-based user experience.
“CPIM 2.8 provides data center owners and operators with a new level of decision-making in the areas key to their business success,” said George Brooks, senior vice president of Enterprise Product & Market Management, CommScope. “From capacity planning and change management to virtualization and asset lifecycle management, iTRACS helps customers optimize the data center as a performance-based resource. With the myDCIM role-based user experience, customers will be able to tailor their interfaces to their exact needs for even greater speed, convenience, and efficiency.”
CPIM 2.8 offers new capabilities in asset management, performance optimization, change management and mobility, including:
- Anywhere, anytime DCIM. Customers can manage and optimize their physical infrastructure from anywhere in the world with the CPIM browser interface and iPad mobile app. These interfaces add a new level of mobility and usability to the DCIM experience and are excellent companions to the CPIM Windows interface. Customers can utilize all three interfaces in any combination they prefer.
- An open DCIM ecosystem leveraging the DCIM Open Exchange Framework.
CPIM 2.8 enables holistic decision-making in the management of complex physical infrastructure. Three new integrations demonstrate the seamless efficiency of the DCIM Open Exchange Framework in enabling outside data, systems, and workflows to share information bi-directionally with iTRACS:
- Integration with VMware allows CPIM users to visualize and analyze the relationships between physical assets and logical hosts. Additional operational data including power can be collected to create a physical context to the operation of the user’s applications. Using this data, customers can better deploy their virtual services and monitor the impact of those services on the physical infrastructure.
- Integration with RF Code allows CPIM users to collect, manage, and analyze both asset location.
information and environmental information (temperature and humidity) – captured with RF Code sensors. By leveraging this real-time data, users can improve capacity planning, diagnostics, and other key infrastructure management capabilities with better control over the entire asset portfolio.
- Integration with HP System Insight Manager features asset discovery and operational data collection to allow CPIM users to understand, manage, and improve the energy usage and efficiency of their HP assets. It offers a “single pane” view to bring together multiple vendor data sets in iTRACS’ seamless management interface.
- New myDCIM role-based user experience. CPIM 2.8 lays the foundation for a personalized, role-based user experience called myDCIM. This customizable user experience will support roles including manager, operations, planner, technician, and more – ideal for both enterprise and multi tenant collocation environments. With the myDCIM user experience, iTRACS will put the information each user needs at their fingertips with role-based security that protects the infrastructure and the business.
“Since its launch in 2009, iTRACS has continuously updated the CPIM software suite with new features and functionality,” said Brooks. “This continuum speaks to our innovativeness, efficiency, and commitment to delivering continuous value to our customers.”
Data center owners and operators now have more information at their fingertips to make knowledge-based decisions driving efficiency and business value in their physical infrastructure.
CommScope is providing the first look at CPIM 2.8 on May 29-30 at Data Centres Europe 2013 inNice,France. Data Centres Europe isEurope’s premier globalIT infrastructure forum for data center and cloud users and operators. The software will be on display at CommScope booth # B3.
iTRACS is a global leader in open, enterprise-class data center infrastructure management solutions that drive efficiency, performance, cost savings, and strategic value in the data center and other physical infrastructure. Today, iTRACS’ award-winning software is being globally deployed in some of the world’s most complex data centers andITinfrastructures.
Related Blog Posts:
Can DCIM be the Autopilot of the Data Center?
iTRACS Converged Physical Infrastructure Management, CPIM, myDCIM, and DCIM Open Exchange Framework are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommScope, Inc.
CommScope (www.commscope.com) has played a role in virtually all the world’s best communication networks. We create the infrastructure that connects people and technologies through every evolution.Our portfolio of end-to-end solutions includes critical infrastructure our customers need to build high-performing wired and wireless networks. As much as technology changes, our goal remains the same: to help our customers create, innovate, design, and build faster and better. We’ll never stop connecting and evolving networks for the business of life at home, at work, and on the go.
News Media Contact:
Wes Bates, CommScope
+1 972-952-9780 or firstname.lastname@example.org
William Bloomstein, iTRACS
+1 617-721-9445 or email@example.com
This press release includes forward-looking statements that are based on information currently available to management, management’s beliefs, as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which could cause the actual results to differ materially from those currently expected. In providing forward-looking statements, the company does not intend, and is not undertaking any obligation or duty, to update these statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.