CommScope's COVID-19 Customer & Partner Hub Visit
- Visual Connection Diagnostics: This real-time visual troubleshooting tool on the user interface (UI) helps an IT user discover and investigate client connectivity issues across the entire network.
- Improved UI and UX design: We’ve completely revamped the controller UI and user experience design, improving configuration, management and operation of SmartZone-managed Wi-Fi networks.
- Multi-tier managed services: On SmartZone platforms hosted by MSPs, systems integrators and partners can log in and manage their own networks, secure in the knowledge that their network is completely partitioned from those of other users. They have the flexibility to extend into tiers of their own by defining cascading domains and zones.
- Data-driven architecture: APs report radio, client and performance data with minimal latency to the SmartZone controller, which then renders the data in responsive widgets to provide a “context-aware” user experience.
- Open programmable framework: A full suite of representational state transfer (RESTful) JSON application programming interfaces (APIs) for configuration and management enable open networks and the ability for our SP, MSP and enterprise customers to build their own sophisticated Wi-Fi management systems.
- Streaming APIs: In SmartZone 3.5, we introduce streaming APIs for granular, near real-time statistics. The streaming API leverages MQTT and GPB (Google Protocol Buffers) to push-stream the full array of client, AP, controller and cluster statistics to third-party analytics, business intelligence or visualization tools.
- Multi-firmware access point (AP) management: SmartZone can accommodate multiple AP models and associated firmware within a single cluster.
- Virtualized and scalable data plane: The SmartZone portfolio features a scalable virtualized data plane appliance that provides high-performance packet processing and user traffic management.