Today, service providers have a golden opportunity to adapt to consumer video viewing behaviors and deliver real value by providing a one-stop shop for all the popular streaming services. The advantages are:
- Easy to install and setup in minutes
- Intuitive, easy to navigate user experience
- Focus on sustainability with several eco-friendly features
- Optional voice and universal search functionality for ease of discovery
- Service provider quality of experience and support
Several operators are already taking advantage of this opportunity by offering streamers to their subscribers. Streamers differ from traditional set-tops in being specifically cost-optimized for delivering streaming services; not equipped with tuners for cable, satellite or terrestrial broadcast television.
In this video, I spend a few minutes talking about what a streamer is, how service providers are deploying these devices to their subscribers and how CommScope is involved in this market.