Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
Radio Frequency over Glass (RFoG) for Access and Transport
RFoG-compliant optical network units
CommScope’s leading-edge RFoG-compliant optical network units (R-ONUs) make deploying advanced FTTx (fiber-to-the-x) easy—providing complete subscriber support while seamlessly integrating with existing head-end and back-office technology.
Our R-ONUs support any RFoG solution using standard industry wavelengths to and from the customers’ premises. Whatever your requirements, our comprehensive range includes those tailored to applications and situations such as:
- Single-dwelling unit (SDU), multi-dwelling unit (MDU), and high-output MDU (MDU-HO) installations
- ONUs with 1610 nm returns that support the optical overlay of both 1G and 10G PON signals without impacting existing RFoG services
- PON pass-through versions with 1G—or both 10G and 1G connectivity—enabling operators to deploy advanced data services as required
Our innovative “OBI-free” R-ONU eliminates optical beat interference (OBI) that has been an issue in traditional RFoG deployments. OBI-free R-ONU technology supports multiple simultaneous upstream RF channel transmissions—not only allowing multiple MAC domains and full DOCSIS® 3.0 and 3.1 channel usage to efficiently coexist, but also enabling full use of available upstream bandwidth usage for RF returns.
One version of OBI-free technology is currently supported: a manual upstream selection model that supports up to 16 R-ONUs transmitting into a single receiver input. Lower cost unmanaged (non-OBI-free) R-ONUs are also available.
R-ONUs supporting all standard return passbands with forward bandwidths up to 1.2 GHz are available, with 1310 nm returns an option on non-OBI-free models.
All units are constructed in rugged cast metal housings and meet wide temperature ranges for both indoor and outdoor installations. Protective outdoor enclosures are purchased separately.
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Latest technology RFoG ONUs for SDU and MDU, including high-gain (48 dBmV) MDU applications
- Standards-compliant "OBI-free" technology models support DOCSIS 3.1 upstream performance operation
- Managed and unmanaged OBI-free options support a variety of worldwide implementation needs
- Fixed-management versions support 16 ONUs per receiver
- 1 Gbps/10 Gbps PON pass-through versions support fast- growing RF+PON applications
- 5-42, 5-65, or 5-85 MHz return options on 1610 nm wavelength
- 51, 85, or 102 to 1218 MHz (1.2 GHz) forward bandwidth options on 1550 nm wavelengths
- Rugged cast housings meet tough environmental conditions
- Indoor and outdoor mounting options
RFoG ONU (R-ONU) CPE Summary Data Sheet
CP86xTU, CP86xWU RFoG OBI-Free, High-Power MDU R-ONU Data Sheet
Partnership for extended capacity: DOCSIS 3.1 with RFOG
RFoG and RFPON Accessories Housing Options for SDU and MDU CPE Data Sheet
RFoG and RFPON ONU (R-ONU) Powering Solutions Data Sheet
PS1811U-01 Power Supply 12 VDC for RFoG R-ONUs Data Sheet