Features and Benefits
For cable operators looking to ensure maximum backward compatibility and scalability and protect network investments, ARRIS offers solutions that deliver new services with minimal capital expenditure, enhance network efficiency, and increase subscriber satisfaction. The Flex Max® FM601e-T/B/LE 1 GHz trunk, bridger and line extender amplifiers are designed to easily and cost effectively increase bandwidth from 750/870 MHz to 1 GHz in legacy Philips networks. They can be deployed as complete units in new builds or plant extensions, or as drop in upgrades for Philips 9-NH series housings. These amplifiers accept legacy style 750/870 MHz EQs and Pads so that Philips amplifier networks can be efficiently extended or upgraded using common style plug-ins. Several frequency split options for expanding broadband networks are available. The plug-in filter design allows for bench upgradability to any offered frequency split for maximum flexibility. Optional GaN (Gallium Nitrite) technology for higher output capability is also available on the FM601e-B bridger amplifier.
The Flex Max 601 1 GHz Line Extender is the latest edition to the extensive 1 GHz RF Amplifier and Node offerings. The FM601 was designed using the legacy 9-NH Series housing as its base and can easily be deployed as either a new build/system extension amplifier or used as a drop-in module upgrade to existing Legacy 9-NH series housings. Offering the latest in 1 GHz technology, these amplifiers also accept legacy style 750/870 MHz EQs and Pads so you can efficiently extend or upgrade your network of GNA or G3A line extender amplifiers using common style plug-ins. The Flex Max 601 Line Extender amplifiers provide one high level RF distribution output.
- Offers a forward operational gain of 36 dB (manual)/33 dB (thermal and ALSC @ 711MHz QAM) and an operational return gain of 18 dB
- Pilot frequency available at 711.00 MHz (QAM)
- Directional coupler forward input and output testpoints. Directional coupler return output testpoint and resistive return input testpoint
- Uses common legacy style equalizers and attenuators with guide pins
- 1 GHz GaAs technology
- Designed to drop into existing 9-NH Series style housings to effectively upgrade a network from 750 or 870 MHz to 1 GHz bandwidth
- Plug-in diplex filters
- Built-in surge protection
- Cost effective upgrade strategy (reduced CAPEX): 1 GHz RF modules are drop-in replacements in legacy Philips 9-NH series 4-port housings
- Extended operational reach: Optional GaN technology for FM601e bridger amplifiers cost effectively extends reach
- Excellent performance: Both GaAs and GaN hybrids provide excellent performance across the entire bandwidth
- Frequency split upgradeable: Kits are available to convert existing FM601e trunk and bridger amplifiers to other frequency splits