Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
We just spent three exciting days at the ABTA Expo & Conference 2014 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, showcasing our advanced video solutions to Brazilian providers. This year’s gathering centered around discussions of consumption habits among the nearly 15M Brazilian pay TV customers who, like their counterparts in other geographies, are reaching for more personalized and ubiquitous content. ARRIS experts led quite a few of these discussions and highlighted the implications for service providers: namely, the challenge of scaling today’s networks and CPE to meet the growing demand for increasingly complex service delivery. A case in point was pay TV provider Multiplay, which we announced this week, is the first operator to offer the new ARRIS DCX525e set-top, delivering efficient HD services today and supporting tomorrow’s IP video delivery. Our experts’ presentations dove into a range of other subjects, including:
- Dr. Ayham Al Banna’s (Systems Architect, CTO’s Office) presentation on “Network Migration in the DOCSIS 3.1 ERA”
- Carlos Cunha’s (Staff Solutions Architect) talk on “Cross Media (Retargeting) Advertising Revenue Potential”
- Gary Cunha’s (Sr. Director, Product Lifecycle Management, Assurance Team) discussion of "Wi-Fi Connection Uptime & Customer Service”
- Peter Grimes’ (Director of Marketing, Caribbean and Latin America) review of evolving content consumption trends from the 2014 ARRIS Consumer Entertainment Index
- Mauricio Janisset’s (Staff Solutions Architect) presentation on “DOCSIS 3.1 CCAP Migration in Brazil”
If you couldn’t make the show, check out some of the photos taken from inside our booth.
See you in Brazil next year!