Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
Minooka Intermediate School
Illinois. 4,500 students. Replaced complex Aironet with simple Ruckus Cloud Wi-Fi
Watch the video
Network reliability and speed have become almost as important as electricity for school districts. Teachers and students are using a variety of devices at schools, including Chromebooks, iPads, laptops, smart phones and more. Both students and faculty are expecting these smart devices to constantly be connected throughout the entire building, not just a classroom. Educators are looking for ways to leverage smart devices in classroom learning to keep students engaged and focused in this digital era.
But before this can happen, a reliable and high performance wireless network must be in place. School districts can no longer deploy networking solutions that don’t make the grade, as both students and faculty demand better. Yet, high-performance, distributed-site networks require time, expertise and money to deploy and manage.
Minooka School District knew this challenge all too well. After six years of running a legacy hardware infrastructure, it was clear that a network upgrade was essential.
- Cloud-based Wi-Fi infrastructure for easy deployment and management
- Fast and reliable Wi-Fi access to support in-classroom learning
- High performance, high capacity district-wide Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Ruckus Cloud Wi-Fi for distributed site network management
- 92 Ruckus Unleashed indoor R500 and R600 access points (APs)
- More than 90 clients actively taking a test on a single Ruckus AP
- Allows students and teachers to access the resources they need
- Cloud Wi-Fi enables far better client roaming from room to room
- Ruckus Access Points deliver dramatic improvement in connectivity, i.e., higher data rates and more
- Significant cost reduction due to higher number of devices per AP