Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
Universidad Peruana Unión (UPEU)
Students and Teachers Stay Connected to Access Digital Content in the Classroom
Many classrooms are using high definition video content and collaboration applications. In addition, students are bringing new and ever evolving devices capable of downloading, uploading and streaming via wireless connections. That takes more bandwidth which demands a high capacity wireless infrastructure. Higher education institutions must be ready to support the technological needs of their users with a scalable wireless solution that can keep pace with future demand.
The Universidad Peruana Unión (UPEU) serves more than 11,000 students in Peru. UPEU is surrounded on one side by buildings and on the other side there is a populous neighborhood. As a result, the university was experiencing interference problems that made it impossible to provide wireless connections throughout the campus.
The university had some wireless equipment with autonomous management but these were stand alone. They had an access point (AP) for 50 users wanting to connect but it could only support 15 users. This caused many complaints. UPEU couldn’t provide quality wireless service and teachers couldn’t use Internet applications in their classes.
- Provide wireless networking coverage for all three campus locations
- Consistent Wi-Fi connectivity that ensures quality connection at all times
- Meet high-density needs for students and faculty
- Agile and centralized network management
- Capability to segment per user group
- Seamless student authentication
- Ruckus’ R300, R600, H500 indoor access points (APs)
- Ruckus’ T300 outdoor APs
- ZoneDirector controller
- SmartZone software platform
- UPEU has 802.11ac wireless technology to serve students and teachers
- Wi-Fi network is centrally managed
- Scalable wireless infrastructure
- High capacity network without interference