Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
2017 Shanghai ATP Masters Tournament
Amplifying the on-court action with powerful stadium Wi-Fi
The 2017 Shanghai ATP Masters tournament was held over nine days at the Qizhong Tennis Center on October 8–15, ending with Roger Federer defeating Rafael Nadal in the finals to earn his second tournament title in the city.
A daily crowd of more than 15,000 people witnessed the matches at a stadium renowned for its high standards and quality of play, along with top-notch hospitality from organizers as well as the reception of the Chinese public. Also known as the Shanghai Rolex Masters, the event remains a favorite for players on the ATP World Tour circuit.
To better prepare for this event and provide an even more compelling media experience, the organizer needed a smart Wi-Fi network which would be easy to install, simple to manage, and cost-effective.
- Improve wireless networking services for both on-site staff and media workers, to enable reliable, fast data transfer rates in a busy environment
- Provide stable and high-speed Wi-Fi to professional photographers in the media area, so that they can quickly supply high-definition digital pictures to the media centre to meet deadlines
- Provide stable and interference-free Wi-Fi network for both reporters and editors in the media centre
- Expand existing high-speed wireless Internet access with a scalable network solution that is simple to install and test
- A variety of indoor and outdoor access points (APs) and ZoneDirector controllers were deployed for secure and reliable access
- Ruckus patented Beamflex+ adaptive antenna technology addressed the issues of high device density and application bandwidth consumption, and provided both media and photographers with a strong and consistent connection
- Media workers leveraged excellent network connectivity to deliver live broadcasts and online coverage, seamlessly and instantaneously
- Ruckus solutions enabled better network connectivity, as well as ease of Wi-Fi network management
- Minimized total cost of ownership in IT investment