Welcome to the new CommScope.com experience. Need help? Get Help
The Challenge with Public Venues
Ruckus helped IBM put the lights on location at Vivid Sydney. Ruckus SPoT™ location technology was used to light up IBM Vivid installation in first ever outdoor LBS solution in the Southern Hemisphere.
Vivid Sydney is a unique annual event of light, music and ideas. It is the largest event in the Southern Hemisphere and is sponsored by Australia’s NSW Government and corporations to encourage people to come out during the winter season and stimulate the economy in Sydney. Vivid’s light festival transforms Sydney into a wonderland of ‘light art’ sculptures, innovative installations and grand-scale projections.
From 23 May to 9 June 2014, the harbour city was awash with colour, in what was the biggest and brightest Vivid Sydney festival to date. Over 1.43 million people attended this year’s event, breaking the record set in 2013, which included more than 19,000 international visitors. Vivid Sydney provided visitors with over 50 light installations around the city, including Vivid Aquatique Water Theatre at Darling Harbour, Sydney Opera House Sails, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia and Martin Place ‘Urban Tree Project’.
- Required accurate location based data
- Proven wireless capacity covering high density outdoor environment
- Flexible AP installation/mounting options
- SPoT Cloud-hosted Positioning Engine
- 25 Ruckus 7762 802.11n Outdoor Wi-Fi Aps
- 10 Ruckus 7731 Point-to-Point/ MultiPoint Bridges
- ZoneDirector Smart Wireless LAN Controller
- Fewer APs required and installation
- Consistent signal strength and performance
- SPoT enabled accurately mapping and projection of Wi-Fi device density
- Reduce IBM to build the solution in half